Me and Mine

Me and Mine

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Windfall.

Real life conversation between me and my husband:

Me: "That's it! We are buying a lottery ticket. I am ready to win the lottery now. Let's play. $5. Tonight."
Matt: "Yes! It's time.  Let's win the lottery!"
Me: "Then we could enroll the kids in the BEST schools in Cincinnati and buy the Range Rover that I've decided I want. It's $140k to get it fully loaded and 90k for standard but I feel like we should go all out if we're going to get one."
Matt: "Definitely.  Let's go big or go home."
Me: "Where should we go on our first vacation?"
Matt: "Not sure, what do you think?"
Me: "Let's do a Disney Cruise for the kids over Spring break first. I mean, it's naïve, but it will be fun for them.
Matt:  "Yes. The kids are going to love that!"
Me: "And then you and I will fly to Italy for a week."
Matt: "Sounds Perfect."
Me: "Wait. No. I just... you know... I can't fly."
Matt: "You can fly to Italy!"
Me: "Not since I've won the lottery.  Because I feel like every time I fly, I am going to die because I have all this money that I didn't earn. I don't deserve the money so I'm going to die.  It's terrifying."
Matt:  "But we're doing charitable things. We're rebuilding the church and we DID donate the youth football field."
Me: "I know but I have a fancy Mink coat now and all these diamonds. I'm not DOING ENOUGH! I'm so selfish and for goodness sakes', I shop ALL day long."
Matt: "You're right. This money has gone straight to our heads!"
Me: "I know. It's ruining us.  This money is going to tear this family right apart!?  We have to do something!"
Matt: "As soon as we buy those tickets tonight, we are going to rip them up immediately so that it can never destroy us."
Me: "That's perfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment