Me and Mine

Me and Mine

Monday, September 30, 2013

The kid has a point...

I'm explaining to the boys that I won't be at football practice because I have to practice for the Alumni game.

Ethan: "So are they paying you to go back and cheer?"
Me: "Definitely not... But I do get a T-shirt"
Ethan: "So you're going to cheer at a high school game ... even though you're not in high school...all for just a T-shirt?? I wonder what kind of things you would do for $1,000?"

All week this kid was on me about this Alumni game and why I would do such a thing.  You can't explain nostalgia to a 9 year old. They think fart bubbles in the bathtub are hilarious.

Pretty cool though. One cheerleader was the class of 1972.  We had 2 (including my best friend) who are within 2 months of delivering a baby.  We toasted on the track and felt old together.  And eventually we felt tired. And sweaty.

One day, we will be too old for this. But today is not that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment