Me and Mine

Me and Mine

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wow. Just Wow.

We were doing our morning prayer before school and Mason asked, "I want to pray that my card doesn't get flipped." (It's a disciplinary action at school). I started to explain that God is not in charge of whether his card gets flipped or not. His behavior would decide that. I said "You can pray and ask for the wisdom to do the right things and the strength and self control to be good at school, but it's up to you to really make sure you get the job done." And as my own voice said these words and floated up to my ears, I realized that I myself had been praying the same way Mason has for years. Asking for God to make things easier, life better, and to bring me comfort instead of asking for the abilities and courage to do these things on my own. I just can not stop thinking about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment